JumpCloud SSO SAML Integration
SimpleMDM integrates with JumpCloud using the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) standard.This guide will explain how to designate an JumpCloud account as a trusted identity provider (IdP) for authenticating administrators of your SimpleMDM account.
As the JumpCloud user interface may change, this guide has been written to provide a general process for getting up and running.
- Sign in to the JumpCloud admin console.
- Go to Applications.
- Click the "+" to configure a new application.
- Enter "SAML" in the search bar.
- Locate the SAML listing and click 'Configure'.
- In the 'IDP Entity ID' field, enter your unique URL or identifier.
- Generate a 'private.pem' file, click 'Upload IdP Privacy Key' and upload the file.
- Generate a 'cert.pem' file, click 'Upload IdP Certificate' and upload the file.
- Enter "https://sso.jumpcloud.com/saml2/simplemdm" in the IDP URL field.
- Enter "SimpleMDM" in the Display Label field.
- Click 'Activate'.
- Sign in to SimpleMDM.
- Navigate to Settings > Users.
- Click the 'Settings' tab.
- Under the 'Single Sign On with SAML' section, select "Yes" to enable SAML.
- In the Short Name field, enter your company name (must be one word - no spaces or special characters).
- Click 'Save'. The fields under 'SimpleMDM Information' will automatically populate.
- In the 'Endpoint URL' field under the 'Identity Provider Information' section, enter "https://sso.jumpcloud.com/saml2/simplemdm".
- Copy and paste your SHA-1 fingerprint or drag and drop your 'cert.pem' certificate into the 'X.509 fingerprint or certificate field' field.
- Click 'Save'.
Finally, add values from SimpleMDM to JumpCloud:
- Copy the value from the 'Audience' field in SimpleMDM and paste it in the 'SP Entity ID' field in JumpCloud.
- Copy the value from the 'SAML Consumer URL' field in SimpleMDM and paste it into the 'ACS URL' field in JumpCloud.
- Click 'Save'.
Note: if any information in this article does not quite match up due to changes in the JumpCloud interface, you may also refer to JumpCloud's documentation here: https://support.jumpcloud.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2970650-single-sign-on-sso-with-simplemdm