How do I renew my Apple DEP token?
To renew your Apple DEP token in SimpleMDM:
- In SimpleMDM, navigate to Devices > Enrollments.
- Click the name of the Automated Enrollment profile.
- Click 'Update Token' at the top-right corner of the page.
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen based on whether you are using Apple Business Manager or a legacy Apple DEP account.
Note: DEP tokens must renewed using the same Apple ID that was used to generate them originally. This Apple ID is displayed in the 'Admin ID' field shown under the Account Details section of the DEP Account Settings screen in SimpleMDM.
An admin must replace the active server token on an MDM server in these situations:
- When a new public key is created or if a new server token is generated
- When the Managed Apple ID password of the user who downloaded the initial token is changed
- As a security measure, when the user who downloaded the original token leaves your organization
- When the DEP token expires