SimpleMDM supports the ability to deploy media and documents to devices in addition to apps.
Adding Media to the Catalog
To add media to your Catalog:
- Navigate to Apps & Media > Catalog.
- Click the "Media" tab.
- Click "Add Media".
- Drag and drop the files or click to upload.
- Click "Done" when finished uploading.
Supported media types: PDF and EPUB files.
Media can also be synced from a connected Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP) account. For guidance on connecting a VPP account, see this article: Connecting a VPP account
Deploying Media to Devices
The process for assigning and deploying media to devices is the same as it is for apps - using assignment groups on the Assignment screen under the Apps & Media section.
- Click "Create Assignment Group"
- Name the group something meaningful to you. Check the "Auto Deploy" box if you'd like devices to automatically receive these apps when they enroll to or are moved to the device groups you specify in this assignment group.
- Click "Save".
- Click the assignment group to expand it (if it is not already).
- Click "Actions".
- Select "Install Apps and Media".
Notes on Media Installation with MDM
- Once installed, VPP Media licenses cannot be revoked and re-assigned.
- VPP Media licenses must be assigned to an Apple ID and thus are not eligible for device-based assignment.
- VPP Media can only be installed via MDM, it cannot be uninstalled through MDM.
- Media installed from an uploaded file (ex. PDF) can be uninstalled via MDM.
- The Media tab in the Device Details screen only shows media installed on devices through MDM; it does not show media installed manually by the user.
- Media installation is only supported for iOS at this time.