How do I get started with SimpleMDM? A quick start guide.
Getting Started with SimpleMDM - A Quick Start Guide
The first step when signing up is to set up your account's Push Certificate. This is required by Apple in order for MDM to function.
If you are not already using Apple Business Manager / Apple School Manager, determine if you need / want to use it. If you are, skip ahead to Section A. If you are not, here are some resources to learn more:
- What is Apple Business Manager?
- What is the Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP)?
- Explained: The Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
A. If you are using Apple Business Manager / Apple School Manager:
1. Connect ABM to SimpleMDM:
2. Add VPP apps and create app assignments:
3. Create device groups and assign configurations:
4. Start enrolling devices:
- If you're devices have already been added to ABM: Enrollment with Apple DEP
- If you're devices have not yet been added to ABM, but you want them to be (iOS only): Manually Add Devices to DEP with Apple Configurator
B. If you will not be using Apple Business Manager:
1. For iOS/tvOS, determine if you want/need your devices to have Supervised mode enabled:
2. Enroll devices:
- Enroll devices and enable iOS Supervision: Enrollment with Apple Configurator
- Enroll devices without iOS Supervision: Enrollment by Link
3. Add App Store apps and create app assignments:
4. Create device groups and assign configurations:
Resources for macOS and tvOS:
Other general resources for MDM: