Use custom supervision identity
SimpleMDM allows custom supervision identities to be used for DEP-enrolled devices to allow them to pair with Apple Configurator on specific computers.
Note: This is different than enabling Supervised mode on devices - if you are looking for guidance on iOS Supervised mode, see this article.
To use a custom supervision identity with SimpleMDM:
- Export the supervision identity from Apple Configurator and save it to your computer (should be a '.p12' format).
- In SimpleMDM, navigate to Configs > Certificates and click 'Add Certificate'.
- Upload the supervision identity file.
- Navigate to Devices > Enrollments
- Click the Automated Enrollment object/server name.
- Click the 'DEP Settings' tab.
- Locate the field labeled 'Allow pairing with these supervision identities' and check the box next to the name of the certificate you just uploaded, then click save.