The steps to enroll a device in SimpleMDM via User Enrollment are:
- Create a new enrollment profile.
- Set 'User Enrollment' to "Yes".
- Save the profile.
- Enter the enrollment URL into Safari on your device (or send the enrollment link directly to the device and have the user tap the link).
- You will be prompted to enter a Managed Apple ID. Enter your Managed Apple ID username/email address (from Apple Business Manager) here and tap 'Continue'.
- Tap 'Download Enrollment Profile'.
- Safari will ask if you want to allow the configuration profile to be downloaded. Select "Allow".
- Open the Settings app on the device.
- At the top of the Settings menu, find the option labeled "Enroll in SimpleMDM" and tap it.
- When prompted, select "Enroll My iPhone".
- Enter the password for your Managed Apple ID.
After entering your password, your device should be authenticated and the user enrollment should be complete.
Note: User Enrollment is only available for iOS 13+ and macOS 10.15+.
For more information about User Enrollment, see this article: What is Apple's "User Enrollment"?
For guidance on creating Managed Apple IDs in Apple Business Manager, refer to Apple's documentation here: Create Managed Apple IDs in Apple Business Manager