Connecting a DEP Account
What is the Apple Device Enrollment Program?
The Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) allows organizations to streamline the device setup process of newly purchased Apple devices. Specifically, organizations can configure their devices, during device initialization, to:
- Automatically enroll in SimpleMDM
- Enable supervision
- Prevent users from unenrolling devices from SimpleMDM
- Skip basic setup steps
When paired, SimpleMDM configures the devices in your DEP account according to your settings in SimpleMDM.
How to Connect SimpleMDM to DEP
SimpleMDM needs to link to your DEP account so that it can configure devices to use the SimpleMDM service. To link Apple DEP to SimpleMDM, a certificate must be exchanged between the accounts to establish a secure, trusted relationship.
Complete the following steps to link your DEP account:
- Sign into SimpleMDM.
- Click the "Settings" link on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select the "DEP" sub-menu option.
- Follow the on-screen steps. These steps will guide you through the certificate exchange process.
Once you have uploaded your Apple DEP server token, SimpleMDM will link to your DEP account.